We care for every creature on our homestead, so with that in mind we created this agreement for the betterment of all livestock sales and the expectations thereof from our homestead. By purchasing any rabbits from Hephzibah Homestead, you are agreeing to all the terms and conditions stated herein. Anyone purchasing from our homestead will be referred to as “buyer,” and Hephzibah Homestead will be referred to as “seller.”
All rabbits sold are categorized as either pets, meat breeders or show stock. The purpose of the rabbit is required to be identified PRIOR to purchase and deposit, to make sure the rabbit is suitable for the seller’s intended purpose. Prices vary based on the quality of the animal AND the intended use of the rabbit. All animals are inspected before sale to ensure quality and health.
• Seller will accept any rabbit back, at any time, no questions asked. We understand circumstances change and we will take the responsibility of finding the rabbit a new home.
• No rabbits will leave sellers possession until the rabbit is paid for in full.
• All sales are final. No refunds, replacements or exchanges.
• Once any rabbit leaves seller’s possession, seller will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the transaction, either directly or indirectly. Seller always does their best to sell only healthy, quality rabbits.
• Rabbits sold as pets may not be resold by the buyer. If the buyer decides not to keep the rabbit, the rabbit is to be returned to the seller to who will retain the rabbit or find the rabbit a suitable home. The buyer agrees to never abandon the rabbit, surrender the rabbit or place the rabbit with another party permanently, for any reason, without first contacting the seller with an opportunity to retrieve the rabbit.
• Rabbits sold as meat breeders or show prospects may be resold without restriction.
RESERVATIONS AND HOLDS:
• Rabbits are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. Seller will not hold a rabbit without a 50% deposit. No exceptions.
• Seller reserves the right to refuse a sale, at anytime, for any reason.
• Seller reserves the right to complete the sale in person rather than via the internet.
• Seller reserves the right to refuse or terminate the sale, at any time during the sales process, without warning or explanation.
• The pick-up date must be agreed upon at the time of deposit.
• If the rabbit is not picked up by the buyer or arranged party within 24 hours of the agreed upon pick-up date and time, the deposit and any additional payments received are forfeit, and seller will resell or retain the rabbit.
• Deposits are non-refundable.
• If the seller cancels a sale, buyer’s money will be refunded. If buyer chooses to forfeit the sale, for any reason, the deposit and/or any payments received are forfeit.
• If the rabbit were to become ill or die before pick-up, the deposit will be refunded or transferred to another rabbit or future/upcoming litter, buyer choice.
• Rabbits must be at least 8 weeks old before they leave the rabbitry, at the discretion of the seller.
• Seller accepts cash, Cashapp and Paypal. If buyer is placing a cash deposit, the animal is not reserved until the cash is received by the seller. No credit cards, debit cards or checks are accepted.
• Prices may vary depending on the breed, age, sex, type, color, gender and bloodline of each individual rabbit. Rabbits from the same litter often have different prices.
• Rabbits sold as pets and meat breeders DO NOT come with pedigrees.
• If applicable, pedigrees will be available at time of pickup or emailed once the rabbit is paid in full.
• Seller reserves the right to change prices prior to deposit, according to demand, development, age, and type.
• Seller does not guarantee any rabbits future breeding ability, reproductive performance, quality of offspring, show career, temperament, size, etc. The buyer is buying the animal as evaluated at the time of purchase, without any expectations implied or expressed. If the buyer is purchasing a show or brood prospect, it is the responsibility of the buyer to confirm that the animal meets the buyer’s expectations at the time of purchase and that the animal is free from disqualifications.
• Seller does not knowingly sell any sick animals. All rabbits are to be inspected by both the seller and the buyer at the time of purchase to verify the rabbit is free from any signs of illness and to confirm sex of the rabbit.
• By completing the purchase and taking possession of the rabbit, the buyer confirms the rabbit is healthy at the time of purchase and meets their expectations. The seller will not be responsible for any veterinary bills incurred after the sale of the rabbit.
• Seller makes every effort to correctly determine the sex of all rabbits, with a final confirmation before they leave seller’s possession; however, rabbit gender cannot be 100% guaranteed.
• Seller handles all rabbits on a regular basis and breeds for both quality and disposition. The seller will not sell any rabbit that has shown any evidence of aggression (this excludes meat stock).
• Buyer must bring a suitable carrier at the time of pickup (ex: small dog carrier, tote/tub, cardboard box). If the buyer does not have a suitable carrier, the seller reserves the right to refuse to relinquish possession of the rabbit.
• The seller does not ship rabbits. The buyer is welcome to arrange transport of the rabbit, but the buyer is responsible for making all arrangements, and for any additional cost and liability. Seller is not responsible for the rabbit once the transporter takes possession of the rabbit.
• Rabbits must be picked up within 24 hours of the arranged pick-up date and time and will only be held for up to two weeks after deposit is paid or two weeks after weaning, whichever comes first.
PREFIXES, PEDIGREES & TATTOOS:
• All pedigreed rabbits sold will retain the prefix “Hephzibah Homestead” unless another prefix is already in place. This prefix must be retained in the name of the rabbit. If the rabbit does not have a name on its pedigree but instead lists its tattoo number (such as “Hephzibah Homestead 001A”), then buyer may name the rabbit as long as the prefix “Hephzibah Homestead” remains.
• If the rabbit has been fully named prior to or during the time of sale, that name will remain the rabbit’s formal name and it may not be changed.
• All rabbits sold will be tattooed according to the seller’s current system, including the prefix of “HH” and they must retain their tattoo as it was applied by the seller.
• In the instance that the seller sells a pregnant doe, all offspring will carry the prefix “Hephzibah” on their pedigrees, and they must be tattooed according to my current system.
• Rabbits sold as ‘pets’ do not come with pedigrees and are not be entered into any breeding program.
• Rabbits sold as ‘meat breeders’ do not come with pedigrees but may be entered into a breeding program.
• Rabbits sold as show/brood prospects come with pedigrees and may be entered into a breeding program.
• Rabbits sold as fryers/roasters/etc. do not come with pedigrees and are not to be entered into any breeding program.
• Rabbits listed on websites must be listed with the prefix “Hephzibah Homestead” before their name.
This sales agreement applies to the sale of any rabbit(s) between the buyer and seller from the date signed, forward, unless replaced by a subsequent signed sales contract between the buyer and seller.
By reading this contract, buyer acknowledges they comply with Hephzibah Homestead’s sales stipulations.